The Seventh Summary

by Thomas Pulsifer

This week, we began work on our group radio show projects. Having met with my groupmates, Mason, Grace, and Bella, and with an outline formed of how we’d like our show to go, I can say I’m confident the final product will be amazing. There’s a ton of great chemistry in this group, and I’m sure that’ll be reflected in the show itself. Before we get into that, however, let’s go over this week’s Daily Creates.

Daily Creates:

Tuesday: Our task for my first TDC of the week was to explain what I was doing now that Facebook had gone down. I’ve never used Facebook, but this crash also resulted in Instagram going down, which is something that does affect me. As a result, I ended up focusing more on homework rather than procrastinating.

Thursday: The next prompt I completed was Thursday’s prompt to design a new bicycle. I can’t explain why, but I was overcome with a desire to create the most ridiculous, yet also plausible, bike design I could imagine.

Friday: Finally, the last Daily Create involved expressing how much someone means to us. I decided to show my love for Tippy, a cat who occasionally wanders around on campus. Love you, Tip!

Radio Show Progress:

With the first week of the radio show project down, I’m very happy with the progress we’ve made. In a post I made earlier this week, I shared the outline of the plans my group and I put together for the radio show, which will be a Halloween-themed spook-tacular called “The Undergraduate Monster Wash.” With Halloween right around the corner, this hair-raising theme felt like a no-brainer.

Sticker Design:

Though a real logo is planned to be designed soon, I decided to create a sticker for The Undergraduate Monster Wash radio show, just for fun. I designed this sticker in Adobe Photoshop, and it was a lot of fun to put together. I’m really happy with how it turned out!

Audio Assignments:

This week’s assignment bank tasks were the perfect opportunity to create some of the bumpers required for the radio show. Because of that, both prompts I chose were the 2-star radio bumper assignment. The first of these bumpers sets the mood of the entire show with some classic, spooky Halloween sounds, such as lightning, bats, and wolf howls. The second one I wanted to be a bit more scary, so I decided to create the sound of someone being attacked by a horde of ravenous spiders. I also included some skin-crawling whispers and lullaby music. Both of these bumpers were created in Audacity using my own voice along with royalty free sound effects and music.

In Summary:

The workload for this week has been much lighter than usual, but that’s alright. It gives us more time to work on our group radio shows before Fall break. I’m incredibly happy with the group I’ve found myself in, and the process of planning for this show has already been a lot of fun. My groupmates and I are putting in a lot of passion, and hopefully, it’ll show. I eagerly await the group recording sessions that’ll occur next week!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Create your website with WordPress.com
Get started
%d bloggers like this: